How it all started...



     


     I am creating this blog to start a new chapter in my life. Hopefully I'll chat about things that happen that day or week at school and hopefully you will give me feedback or just pure motivation to keep blogging. 
     I’ve been teaching Art for nine years now. I live in NJ, but currently I've returned back to the Philadelphia Public School District, Which is part of what drove me to go back to reaching my goal.
     Through my years as an educator, I have taught Art both 2D and 3D Fine Art, Ceramics, Graphic Design with and without technology directly in my classroom. From the simplest of materials, and not a single computer in my classroom, trying to teach Art by writing on a blackboard with chalk (yes this is my current placement). Though I've also had 33 computers, smart board and large color printer, 3D printer, a t-shirt machine and a decal maker.  Boy do I miss those things. I have taught grades K-12 and have been in over 5 different building with different administration in all of them.  Through my journey I have realized that every student is not getting an even education, and things that they have access to in one classroom within the same building! I believe in blended learning and consistency for both teachers and students. One of my goals when I become an administrator is I wish to alleviate the gap of inconsistency with in a single building so each student has access to the resources that the student sitting next to them at lunch has.
     So what’s this blog about? Well, I’m back on my journey to finish my Master’s in Education with a Principal Certification. I started this journey years ago, in 2009, but my plans were averted as my family formed and grew. I stopped grad school and started raising my son, and daughter and as my classrooms changed buildings and my family changed houses. I decided to go back to this journey and start this chapter again. 
     Glad your on my journey with me. In the "About Me" page above you can learn more about me. If you have the time and interest check back as I will be posting things to talk about from both student and myself.  

Comments

  1. What fun tools you had at your disposal!!

    I am in a pretty big school district (Reading School District) but we pale in comparison to Philly. I completely understand the frustration of inconsistency among buildings, especially if you have a transient population like we do in Reading.

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You,
      Yes I do miss those tools. I loved teaching digital art. I'm back to fine art good ol' paint, colored pencils and paper right now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Citizenship